WAYNESVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) – Riley Howell’s legacy as a hero in the UNC Charlotte shooting continues to be recognized, and his sacrifice was all the more cemented with the presentation of the Purple Heart and Bronze Star on Wednesday.
The Waynesville Police Department presented the honors to Riley’s parents
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina Reports over 1600 new Covid-19 Infections Wednesday
- One person killed, officer hurt in crash that followed traffic stop
- Sheriff Francis speaks on deputy involved shooting
- State Transport Police officer transported via ambulance after wreck
- ‘Tis the season for self care
- Kudzu Medical seeing surge in medical jobs available. How to apply.
- Gov. McMaster nominates SCHP veteran to lead S.C. Department of Public Safety
- Top Things to do in South Carolina This Winter
- NC deputy who was injured in Thanksgiving car accident has died
- Stay home for the holidays or get tested twice, CDC urges