Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a new month-long national lockdown in England, which will mean the closure of all non-essential businesses, including restaurants and pubs, starting at midnight on Thursday 5 November.
As was the case during the national lockdown in March, restaurants offering delivery or takeaway by collection will be able to remain open. The restrictions on business are expected to be in place until Wednesday 2 December, initially. Unlike in March, schools and universities will not close.
Upstate News Headlines
- Hurricane season officially ends but not over just yet
- The St. Francis Foundation 35th Annual Festival of Trees Starts December 1st
- Festival of Trees Returns to Downtown Greenville
- Greenville School district moves forward with attendance plan
- Upstate school districts continue to monitor COVID-19 cases
- Winter air moves into the mountains
- South Carolina State Parks Announces 12 Days of Deals
- The 50 Best Albums of 2020
- Upcountry History Museum: White Christmas Open Now
- ZF Transmission looking to hire more than 200 people for Gray Court plant during job fair on Tuesday