Kamala Harris on Saturday made history as America’s first woman, first Black and first South Asian vice president-elect. But she will not be the first person of color to serve as vice president of the United States.In 1928, Charles Curtis — a Native American lawmaker and member of the Kaw Nation — was elected as President Herbert Hoover’s vice president.Curtis grew up in North Topeka,
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC: 1,612 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 35 confirmed deaths in SC
- Sheriff’s office arrest man on fentanyl trafficking, stolen firearm charges in Buncombe Co.
- LIVE: Deadly crash involving State Transport Police blocking Pleasantburg Dr. near E. North St.
- Upstate man suffering from COVID-19 fights for his life in Virginia hospital
- SLED: Man charged with assault after June incident at an Upstate Bantam Chef restaurant
- US tightens definition of service animals allowed on planes
- Former S.C. jail officer charged with having sex with inmate
- Spartanburg deputies respond to a Marathon vandalized by bullet holes
- Police: 60-year-old man charged with rape, kidnapping in 1992 sex crime
- Deputies say Buncombe County man charged with multiple crimes involving sexual assault of a minor