In front of baskets of tomatoes and peppers, near a sizzling burrito grill, the “promotoras” stop masked shoppers at a busy Latino farmers market: Want to test a COVID-19 vaccine?Aided by Spanish-speaking “health promoters” and Black pastors, a stepped-up effort is underway around the U.S. to recruit minorities to ensure potential vaccines against the scourge are tested in the populations most ravaged by the virus.Many
Upstate News Headlines
- Videocast: Dangerous Winds This Morning
- Halloween: The Chilling True Story Behind Nosferatu
- Democrat Joe Biden vows no 'false promises' on tackling virus if elected
- Colonial Park Cemetery – 'Where there may be as many spirits as grave markers'
- Philadelphia pledges better response after Black man's death
- Zeta barrels northeast after battering storm-weary coast
- IRS releases 2021 tax brackets. How do they compare to 2020?
- Kushner bragged in April that Trump was taking the country ‘back from the doctors’
- See moment loose barge nearly crashes with boat
- Seven new charges brought against adult film star Ron Jeremy