Based on show business aspirations and successes of acts such as The Supremes, The Shirelles, James Brown and many more, this hit Broadway musical follows three hopeful young singers plunged into the marvelous and merciless world of the music industry after getting their big break at an amateur competition.
When ambitious manager Curtis Taylor Jr. spots The Dreamettes at a talent show, he offers the chance of a lifetime: to be backup singers for national star, Jimmy Early. Taylor takes creative control of the group and eventually plunges the singers into the spotlight. But when backup singer Deena Jones gets pushed to sing lead, Effie White is forced to the back, taking a journey of heartache and renewed strength, all at the mercy of the ever-changing music industry. Winner of six Tony Award, Dreamgirls features hit songs like “I Am Changing”, “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going”, and of course, “Dreamgirls”.
Tickets for Dreamgirls are $35, $32, and $22. Student rush tickets are available for $20 with school ID (based on availability), one ticket per ID. Ticketing fees are applied to ALL purchases.
Shows run Thursday through Sunday and all seats are reserved. Tickets can be purchased by calling the box office at (864) 233-6733 on Tuesdays – Fridays from 2-6 p.m, in person at the Centre Stage Box Office, or online at www.centrestage.org. Handling fees will be applied to all purchases.
Upstate News Headlines
- Dozens of spices have been recalled over salmonella fears
- Videocast: Mostly cloudy, afternoon showers.
- Buehler leads Dodgers over Rays 6-2 for 2-1 Series lead
- Charlie Morton Flips His Own Postseason Narrative in Game 3
- ‘Darkest days in history’: Expert reacts to Covid-19 milestone
- South Korean officials find ‘no direct link’ between flu vaccine and recent deaths
- Bodycam shows Texas deputy saving 20-day-old baby that stopped breathing
- Crew killed when US Navy training aircraft crashes in Alabama
- Funeral held for Greenville County deputy killed in the line of duty
- Ghost story: Elizabeth of Trinity Episcopal Church