Join The Eighth State Brewing Co. November 20th as they welcome Pranom Pop-Up: Thai Street Food to Greenville SC. Pranom is a traveling Thai pop-up restaurant that serves authentic Thai cuisine handed down from generations of family home-style cooking based in Los Angeles and hosting pop-ups and events all over the country. View the Event on Facebook.
Dream Kasestatad began the concept with just a bicycle, making Pad Thai from his apartment and delivering it to his friends, neighborhood bars, and small businesses all over Los Angeles. We was discovered cooking his Thai street food Pad Thai in the parking lot at 4100 Bar on Sunset Blvd by a food writer for Eater LA and LA Weekly magazine. His story was placed on the cover of the LA Weekly food section. Word quickly spread and he began catering for radio stations, ad agencies, film shoots, celebrity parties and weekly pop-up residencies at some of LA’s trendiest bars, Harvard and Stone, BigFoot Lodge, Pour Vous, and Mandrake to name a few.
To date, Pranom Pop-Up has served thousands of customers throughout the nation. Pranom Pop-Up has catered festivals, high-profile private events, buzzfeed.com, movie premieres, and TV shows. Pranom Pop-Up’s Khao Soi dish can been seen on featured cover of the book, “Los Angeles Street Food: (American Palate)” along side Roy Choi’s Kogi Truck. Dream was invited to New Orleans to be the first chef to pop-up for a new restaurant pop-up concept during Voodoo Festival in the fall of 2018. He was also be the featured chef for Deep Blues Festival 2018 in Clarksdale, Mississippi. Recently, he was invited to be a guest chef at Morgan Freeman’s famed blues club and restaurant, Ground Zero.
His film, “The Noodle Man” based off his real life experiences as a struggling actor turned Thai street food cook is currently streaming on Amazon Prime 2019.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Florida woman finds hissing alligator in her garage, video shows
- 8 Year Old Boy Hailed A Hero After Saving His Baby Sister In Pool
- Beverly Hills shooting latest in string of brazen robberies of high-end jewelry
- Meghan Markle will receive a prominent, front-page apology from British tabloid
- Clemson defeats Pitt on senior day
- Gamecocks fall in regular season finale at Kentucky, 92-64
- South Carolina Surpasses 792 new Covid-19 Infections Saturday
- Dolce&Gabbana seeks over $600 million damages from 2 US bloggers
- Engine failed on United Airlines flight after pilots increased power, NTSB report says
- DHEC releases new coronavirus numbers for March 6, 2021