The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Charlotte Fire Department and Medic responded to a Charlotte Walmart Monday night after someone reported hearing gunshots.
CMPD said officers at the scene located “evidence of a shooting” but no victims have been located. It happened at the Walmart at 8180 South Tryon Street. Police responded to the scene shortly before 7:30 p.m. Monday.
Steele Creek officers, the K-9 Unit and members of the SWAT team evacuated employees and customers out of the building while officers searched for any injured people. The entrance to the Walmart was also taped off.
Police said in a news conference on Tuesday that they believe both the suspect and the victim left the store after the shooting. According to police, they believe the shooting happened in one of the main aisles.
The shooting was not random and the victim and suspect knew each other, police said. Though, police said from the surveillance video it appeared the victim did not know the suspect was in the store.
Police are combing through a lot of videos at the moment and said they have not made contact with the suspect for the victim at this time.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- 703 new and probable COVID-19 cases and 13 deaths reported in South Carolina April 13th
- Daily Cleaning Tasks All Offices Must Complete
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Live Music Returns With a New Series at Columbia Speedway
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday
- How To Know When Your Drain Has a Serious Problem