It is officially peak hurricane season! There’s no question that the tropics are churning out storms and tropical waves left and right.
In addition to two named tropical storms, Paulette and Rene, which you can find out more about here, there are multiple areas in the tropics that we’re keeping our eye on.
Let’s start to the waves closest to the United States.
There’s Disturbance 2 to the southeast of Florida, near the Bahamas.
This area of low pressure is forecast to move across the Florida Straights Friday ahead of moving into the Gulf of Mexico over the weekend. It has a 40 percent chance of developing into a system in the next five days.
Our newest wave, Disturbance 3, is already in the Gulf of Mexico. It is forecast to slowly develop as it moves west, then eventually southwest over the upcoming days. It has a 20 percent chance of development in the next five days.
Upstate News Headlines
- Assault suspect on the run after fighting, biting deputies, sheriff's office says
- DHEC releases new COVID-19 cases, deaths for Oct. 27, 2020
- How the pandemic is contributing to your insomnia
- DHEC: 755 new COVID-19 cases, 19 more deaths on Tuesday in SC
- SUV driver crosses center line on Upstate road, killing motorcyclist, troopers say
- 49 more sex crime charges filed against former SC university police officer, SLED says
- Proposed natural gas pipeline in northern Greenville County has residents concerned
- Motorcyclist dies in a fatal collision along Old Furnace Road in Spartanburg Co.
- Kushner says Black people must 'want to be successful'
- 'Massive' coral reef taller than the Empire State Building discovered in Australia