CHARLOTTE — The Panthers on Saturday reduced their roster to 53 players in advance of the 4 p.m. deadline, waiving 23 players and releasing two.
Notably, the Panthers waived running back Reggie Bonnafon. He played a heavy special teams role and rushed for 116 yards with a touchdown in 16 games last year.
All seven Panthers’ 2020 draft picks made the initial 53-man roster, along with three rookie undrafted free agents: punter Joseph Charlton, linebacker Sam Franklin, and defensive back Myles Hartsfield.
It’s important to remember the current roster isn’t “final.” The Panthers could make some moves over the next few days. For example, tight end looks like a position of need as there are only two on the roster (Ian Thomas, Chris Manhertz), and Thomas is currently dealing with a toe injury.
The Panthers have two players on the reserve/COVID-19
- KJZ discusses Justin Turner celebrating on the field after positive COVID-19 test
- Have the top 3 teams in college football separated from the rest? | College Football Playoff
- ESPN Asks: Would Trevor Lawrence actually stay at Clemson for another year?
- Reacting to Tennessee’s coach saying the gap is closing with Alabama | KJZ
- Justin Turner pulled from Game 6 after positive COVID-19 test | SportsCenter
- Mookie Betts, Cody Bellinger recap Dodgers’ 2020 World Series win | SportsCenter
- Rays’ Blake Snell discusses being pulled from Game 6 by Kevin Cash | 2020 World Series
- The Jump reacts to Michael Jordan’s comments about the Twitter era
- The Los Angeles Dodgers Win the World Series, With CC Sabathia | The Bill Simmons Podcast
- Dodgers fans celebrate at Dodgers Stadium and Echo Park
Upstate News Headlines
- What It’s Like Working On A New York City Food Truck
- Making Scary Candy With Stump Sohla
- The Man Who Eats Roadkill
- Can This Chef Cook A 3-Course Meal With A Waffle Iron?
- I Tried To Recreate 4 Disney Halloween Treats • Tasty
- 10 Minute Morning Yoga For Back Pain
- Family Recreates McDonald’s Drive-Thru
- U.S. Marshals hunt for 'dangerous fugitive' wanted for drug trafficking, officials say
- This Is That Story Marathon • Spooky Edition
- Downtown Greenville’s open-air ice skating rink will return this holiday season, tickets on sale now