CHARLOTTE – A week ago, the Broncos had to play without an actual quarterback, with all of theirs on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
The Panthers’ situation hasn’t reached that point yet, but they could be extremely short-handed at a few positions, at least for the next few days.
Wide receivers DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel were among the eight players placed on the list Monday as the team came back from the bye. Also given that designation were defensive tackles Derrick Brown and Zach Kerr, linebacker Shaq Thompson, tackle Greg Little, and punter Michael Palardy (who is on injured reserve), while wide receiver Ishmael Hyman will go on practice squad/COVID-19.
In addition to last week’s additions of defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos and practice squad defensive tackle Bruce Hector, that gives the Panthers 10 players hitting COVID-19 lists in the last week.
- Play for a chance to win a trip to Super Bowl LVI, presented by Caesars Rewards
- 3 Ways Panthers Could Deal For Deshaun Watson
- Is this the largest wave ever ridden? Video shows surfer on 100 foot wave last week
- New Panthers general manager wants to be “in on every deal”
- Matt Rhule has final say, but looking to build relationship with new GM
- Jordan and Jake Recap: Checked all the boxes
- Saying Goodbye to Hank Aaron
- Furman Basketball Moves All ‘Weekends At The Well’ Games To Timmons Arena
- Baseball great Hank Aaron passes away at 86
- David Tepper reflects on long-term lessons of “exhaustive” GM search
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Here’s the Only DC Restaurant Trump Visited During His Presidency
- US sees highest weekly increase of COVID-19 cases in children since pandemic began
- New banner unveiled for victim of unsolved murder
- Greenville county coroner, police on scene near Greenville County Detention Center
- DHEC: 3,435 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 63 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 21
- FDA gives approval for syringes to extract an extra dose from vials of the COVID-19 vaccine
- South Carolina Reports 3,435 new Covid-19 Cases Saturday
- Got a package you didn't order? It could be a scam
- Greenville County deputies search for missing woman
- Trump shuns 'ex-presidents club' — and the feeling is mutual