ANALYSIS: “After starting the year 3-2, the Carolina Panthers have only one win over their last eight games.
The Carolina defense is a mess. Facing a quarterback in Drew Lock whom no one will confuse with John Elway any time soon, the Panthers allowed four touchdown passes, including scoring strikes of 37 and 49 yards.
But the even bigger problem is on offense, and it isn’t the absence of running back Christian McCaffrey and wide receiver DJ Moore.
Teddy Bridgewater isn’t a bad quarterback, but he isn’t an especially good one, either. As has been the case for most of the season, Bridgewater either wouldn’t test the Broncos defense over the top or couldn’t. He didn’t throw a touchdown pass against Denver and averaged only 7.1 yards per passing attempt.
Given Carolina’s financial commitment to Bridgewater, he isn’t going anywhere. The
- David Tepper reflects on long-term lessons of “exhaustive” GM search
- Former QB knows finding answer at position is key to GM job
- Panthers believe they've found the right fit
- Swamp Rabbits Home for Three Games Next Weekend
- How to watch GM Scott Fitterer's introductory press conference
- VMI Hands Furman Its First SoCon Loss, 74-73
- My View: 2020's top five moments off the field
- Happy Half Hour Recap: Ready for Mobile
- Would A Deshaun Watson deal would be ‘the biggest trade in NFL history’
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Slow clearing today
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at White House
- Health experts blame rapid expansion for vaccine shortages
- Democrats ask ethics panel to investigate Sens. Cruz, Hawley
- Boston's historic triple-double powers No. 4 South Carolina past No. 22 Georgia
- Japan determined to hold Tokyo Olympics, organizers say, following report suggesting otherwise
- 2 community leaders show their not afraid to take the COVID-19 vaccine
- Champ and Major Biden have not yet moved into the White House
- State trooper comforts child after she endures high-speed chase in car’s backseat