ANALYSIS: “In the grand scheme of things, Sunday’s shutout win over the Detroit Lions doesn’t mean a lot for the Carolina Panthers. After dropping five games in a row, the Panthers weren’t going to the playoffs in 2020.
But for Panthers quarterback P.J. Walker, Sunday’s game was absolutely a big deal—the former XFL standout finally got his chance to start a game in the NFL. While Walker wasn’t great in relief of an injured Teddy Bridgewater, he made plays when he needed to. It was a dream come true—or more accurately, his mom’s dream come true.
“It’s crazy,” Walker told reporters. “About a year and a half, two years ago, she called me and said, ‘I had a dream you were playing for the Panthers.’ I’m like, ‘That’s weird, me being in Indianapolis at the moment.'”
It’s funny how life works out sometimes.
- Jordan and Jake Recap: A new GM
- Scott Fitterer offers varied experience, with a track record of success
- Panthers agree to terms with Scott Fitterer to become Carolina's new general manager
- Furman Spoils The Citadel’s Unbeaten Run, 94-88
- Honeywell, Atrium Health, Tepper Sports & Entertainment and Charlotte Motor Speedway to coordinate mass vaccination events
- James Harden Traded to the Brooklyn Nets
- Happy Half Hour Recap: The Search Narrows
- Stephen A. & Max’s ideal team for Deshaun Watson
- Panthers conduct second interviews with four general manager candidates
- Syracuse vs. North Carolina Condensed Game
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Upstate woman dies at hospital following crash in North Carolina, coroner says
- Man killed in fight at Upstate home, coroner says
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Videocast: Cool and breezy today
- Coroner: Chesnee woman dies at Spartanburg hospital after collision in western N.C.
- Spartanburg PD: Fight with weapons leads to man's death
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Mega Millions' game
- Here are the winning numbers for Mega Millions' Friday drawing for $750 million
- NYT: A man has over $200 million worth of Bitcoin, but he forgot the password to access it
- Upstate County Councilwoman passes away from COVID-19 complications, family says