Many elements added up to the Panthers’ offensive success, perhaps best illustrated by Joseph Charlton’s “1” in the punt column in the final gamebook. Carolina recorded 30 first downs — 11 rushing, 17 passing, two via penalty — consistently moving the ball. The offense did not have a three-and-out. Its only possession of fewer than four plays came early in the second quarter when quarterback Teddy Bridgewater threw an interception.
The Panthers finished with a 37:08 to 22:52 advantage in time of possession and ran 17 more plays than the Cardinals.
“Honestly, we wanted to have an aggressive approach,” Bridgewater said. “But we just had an opportunity where we kept drives alive, were converting on third downs, and staying on the field.”
Carolina’s first two drives of 13 and eight plays resulted in touchdowns. Then, after Bridgewater’s interception, the Panthers went 10 plays
- ACC Football Midseason Stats Leaders
- The Jets keep losing, Le’Veon Bell wants out, Trevor Lawrence odds are real
- Dabo Swinney post-practice Wednesday
- Week 7 Wednesday Injury Report: Curtis Samuel limited in practice
- Panthers at Saints Game Preview
- Happy Half Hour Recap: Over/Under
- Fantasy Football 2020 – Tough Decisions + Week 7 Buy/Sell, TNF Preview – Ep. #967
- Week 7 fantasy football rankings | Fantasy Focus Live!
- Dabo Swinney previews Syracuse, talks development of Lawrence and Etienne
- Syracuse at Clemson College Football Picks & Prediction Saturday 10/24/20 Sports Chat Place
Upstate News Headlines
- Senate GOP to push Barrett forward over Dem boycott of vote
- Record numbers are voting by mail. Here's when states can start processing those ballots.
- Utah heart attack victim competes for medical care amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- Cool down on the way
- Road to 270: President Trump's best path to victory hinges on two vital swing states
- Rays hold off Dodgers 6-4 to even up World Series
- In rebuke of President Trump, former President Obama urges voters to show up for Joe Biden
- Russia and Iran obtained US voter data in bid to sow unrest before election, FBI warns
- Crazy Quesadilla donating portion of sales Nov. 3 to family of Sgt. Jumper
- New images show NASA spacecraft’s historic landing on asteroid