It would be easy to overstate some of the individual components of the game. They played well enough on defense, but it wasn’t as much a lockdown performance as it was receiving the gifts Washington quarterback Dwayne Haskins gave them.
Washington ended up benching Haskins, when a win would have secured the NFC East title.
And the second part of that sentence wasn’t lost on the Panthers.
Cornerback Donte Jackson said it became a pride thing: “We’re not going to let you clinch on us.”
Some day, their goals will be about them, but at the moment, this is what they have to grab onto.
“A lot of parts of this season, we were searching to find our identity, to find out what we do and what we have,” Jackson said. “That’s what we’re doing. We were trying to
- Furman Paladins Put Perfect SoCon Record On The Line At VMI Wednesday Night
- Could Carolina Panthers trade for Deshaun Watson?
- Will Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State dominate the 2021 college football season? | USA TODAY Sports
- Clemson’s Next Star Who Is: DJ Uiagalelei
- Brad Brownell Discusses Virginia Loss
- Mahomes’s Injury, Brady Over Brees, and Rodgers Dominates With Cousin Sal | The Bill Simmons Podcast
- Zion Williamson erupts for 31 points [HIGHLIGHTS] | NBA on ESPN
- Urban Meyer will learn the difference between college and NFL soon – Rex Ryan | NFL Countdown
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Pickens Co. man accused of having explosive device makes federal court appearance
- Police warn of potentially dangerous batch of suspected fentanyl circulating in WNC
- Oklahoma judge orders 'Tiger King' zoo to turn over big cats
- South Carolina Covid-19 Update for January 19th
- Risky driving and fatal crashes surged in 2020, even with fewer drivers on the road, a new report says
- Warrants: Greenville Co. convenience store owner arrested on 3 counts of tax evasion
- Police fear 'dangerous batch' of fentanyl circulating after 5 suspected overdose deaths in 2-day period
- Governor McMaster orders flags lowered to half-staff in tribute to fallen officer
- Henderson Co. Health Department opening 700 more vaccine appointments to callers on Wednesday morning
- DHEC: SC sees more than 2,500 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday, 11 more deaths