Jansen has played in 192 career games, second-most by any player in franchise history — though kicker John Kasay’s 221 are well within his reach with two more seasons.
Jansen was originally acquired in a trade with the Packers for a conditional 2011 seventh-round draft choice. The condition was met, and the Packers flipped that pick to the Broncos, who took tight end Virgil Green 204th overall. Green went on to play in 137 career games, and was on the 2015 Broncos team which beat the Panthers in Super Bowl 50, and that, my friends, is the circle of life, NFL-style.
The 35-year-old Jansen is the oldest player on the Panthers roster, and one of just four on the active roster who are in their 30s.
He made the Pro Bowl in 2013.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC