Burris, who missed the last three games after suffering a ribs injury against the Bears, started Carolina’s first six games, recording an interception, two passes defensed, and two tackles for loss. Undrafted rookie Sam Franklin has started in Burris’ place.
Smith, who originally signed with the Panthers as an undrafted rookie out of Minnesota this spring, is the Gophers’ all-time leader in all-purpose yards. His first activation onto the active roster comes with Christian McCaffrey set to miss Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers with a shoulder injury. Mike Davis will start for McCaffrey, with wide receiver Curtis Samuel and running back Trenton Cannon also candidates for carries.
Also on Saturday, the Panthers re-signed kicker Taylor Bertolet to the practice squad.
- Snap Counts: Panthers vs. Lions
- 2020 ACC Touchdown Remix: Week 11
- Brian Burns says Carolina was having fun on defense
- Matt Rhule talks about decision to start PJ Walker vs. Lions
- A Look Back at NBA Draft History
- Should the Sixers Trade for James Harden?
- Who will the CFP selection committee pick as their top 4 teams? | SportsCenter
- Dabo doubles down, will FSU respond; something has to change, right? : Wake Up Warchant (11/23/20)
- Stephen A & Dabo Swinney debate Clemson vs FSU game postponment
- Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID
Upstate News Headlines
- So You Want to Be Touring Band: A Guide to Touring, agents, and managers
- Weather Outlook: Upcoming Potential Very Cold and Snowy Pattern in Early December
- How to Make Our Easier Roast Turkey and Gravy
- Police: City officer involved in crash on Wade Hampton Boulevard
- Local businesses prepare for Black Friday
- Heat lamps in high demand for outdoor dinning due to pandemic
- Trump team requests recount of Georgia’s presidential race
- South Carolina schedules execution but doesn’t have drugs
- Golden Strip School of Music opens in Greenville
- GSP opens new $9 million Airport Rescue and Firefighting station