The prospects of a Major League Baseball season take a hit as 11 Florida Marlins Test Positive for Covid-19 and their home opener is cancelled.
Under the MLB’s health guidelines, players who test positive for the coronavirus will be isolated from the team until they test negative twice at least 24 hours apart, show no symptoms for 72 hours and receive approval from team doctors.
Quick Reaction Around Baseball
MLB and the players’ union made the mutual decision to try to play a season this year, and those two entities share the ethical responsibility of pausing, postponing or cancelling if that’s what is in the best interests of players and staffers. The Marlins’ situation tests this.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 27, 2020
This Florida Marlins team outbreak of 14 players and coaches is pretty bad. Postponing 1-2 games won’t cut it. It’ll likely only get worse unless they suspend for a month or more. Away games on the road is also a really bad idea. #COVID19 https://t.co/WYsiH9ImIA— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) July 27, 2020
Here’s What’s Happening Today in the Upstate
90’s Night at Radio Room- Rando and Jeff Edwards Band
Barnyard Stompers/Anna Leigh Band!
Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs Allen Americans
Heart Month Webinar: Chest pain and what it could mean
Heath Rankin in the Valley
Live Music Fridays with LC Branch
Lobster Dogs South Carolina at Electric City Brewing
Lyn Avenue at Gather GVL
Seth and Sara: Live at Fireforge Crafted Beer
The First Ladies Of Honkey Tonk @Tribble’s
Todd Rogers at What Ales You
Vilai Harrington at Southern Culture
Virtual: Friday Morning Pilates at Cancer Survivors Park
You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown
“ONE VOICE: A BLACK HISTORY NARRATIVE”
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Lady Gaga's 2 French bulldogs recovered safely
- Officer shot near high school basketball game in New Orleans dies
- ‘To me it’s just a number’: McDonald's worker celebrating her 100th birthday, requests birthday cards
- FBI identifies suspect in death of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, sources say
- FDA panel greenlights Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine
- VIDEO: Mom jumps in river to save son during sledding incident in Tenn.
- Man gets nearly 20 years for Colorado synagogue bomb plot
- Upstate native brings filmmaking talent back to his hometown
- VIDEO: Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class-action lawsuit
- Slight increase in COVID-19 vaccines coming to SC, DHEC says