Jerry Howard was recently named president of Greenville-based InSite Consulting.
Howard began his professional career with the Greenville County Planning Commission before joining the Greenville Chamber of Commerce, first as industrial manager and later as its vice president for economic development. He joined the Anderson County Development Office as director in 1997, returning to Greenville County to help launch the GADC in 2001.
Howard was the inaugural president and CEO of the Greenville Area Development Corporation, serving from 2001 to 2013. Most recently, he was manager of employee relations for Greenville Technical College’s Division of Economic Development and Corporate Training. In this liaison role, he partnered directly with decision-makers in manufacturing, warehouse/distribution and service-based companies to identify their training needs and collaborated with Greenville Tech instructors and department heads to design customized training protocols for onsite or classroom delivery. He also coordinated training grants through local and state agencies such as Apprenticeship Carolina, SC Works, the South Carolina Department of Commerce, the Appalachian Regional Council of Governments and the Workforce Investment Board.
Howard is a graduate of Clemson University and the Economic Development Institute at the University of Oklahoma.
Upstate News Headlines
- Lou Dobbs Attacks Lindsey Graham
- The Salvation Army of Spartanburg in need of winter donations
- Clemson 47, Syracuse 21: Nolan Turner postgame
- Clemson 47, Syracuse 21: Brent Venables postgame
- Clemson 47, Syracuse 21: Dabo Swinney postgame press conference
- Elliott says Tigers overcame test, looked humbled and hungry
- Etienne says he left some plays out there in win over Syracuse
- Lawrence hardest on himself after struggles in win over Syracuse
- One of last GOP holdouts, Alaska Sen. Murkowski says she backs Barrett for Supreme Court
- The Latest: Jon Bon Jovi does what he can at Biden rally