James Stevens was recently appointed director of Clemson University’s school of architecture. He is scheduled to assume this role on June 1.
Stevens previously served as Lawrence Technological University’s chair of architecture and was the founding director of the college’s digital design and fabrication studio, makeLab. He is a recipient of the AIA Henry Adams Medal for Excellence in the Study of Architecture and was named a Fulbright Scholar in Albania. He also served as principal and vice president of the architectural firm Peterson, Eure and Associates in New Bern, North Carolina.
He is a graduate of Savannah College of Art and Design, North Carolina State University and the University of Ferrara in Italy.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Reports 3,567 New Cases as DHEC Gives COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- Vice President Harris: A new chapter opens in US politics
- LIVE: Biden sworn in as America's 46th president, Harris becomes first female VP
- Carolina prisons get first wave of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- US Surgeon General Jerome Adams asked to step down by Biden team
- ‘Tiger King’ Star Joe Exotic Expected Pardon From President Trump, Books Limo
- SCEL: No Tuesday winner, Mega Millions jackpot now up to $970 million
- The Latest: Biden calls on Americans to overcome divisions
- Read the letters outgoing presidents left for their successors in the Oval Office