A Montrose drinking establishment might have been the first LGBTQ+ bar in America to have served as a presidential polling place on Election Day.
Buddy’s, a gay bar at 2409 Grant Street, welcomed about 200 voters on Tuesday, said Christopher Barry, the bar’s owner. Voters were treated to music by DJ Melle Mel on the back patio, music on the jukebox inside, and an impromptu drag show by Joy to the Polls. Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins even stopped by
Upstate News Headlines
- 10 Biggest Fast Food SUCCESSES Of All Time!!!
- Trump Appears to Throw Georgia Governor Kemp Under the Bus for Election Loss
- Clemson Moves to #3 in Latest AP College Football Poll
- Coroner’s office identifies passenger killed in collision north of Easley
- COVID-19 Vaccines Likely To Be Distributed Before Biden Inaugurated, Doctor Says
- DHEC: Two Upstate counties see highest number of new cases in latest COVID-19 update
- GCSO: Possible kidnapping victim located safe, carjacking investigation still ongoing
- Troopers: Driver dies after running off roadway, hitting fence, utility box, tree in Union Co.
- Latest Update on Major Snowstorm That Could Impact North Carolina Mountains