The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has charged a Seneca man with the recent theft of the Walhalla High School Band trailer.
33 year old Jason Bradley Pierce of S. Radio Station Road was booked into the Oconee County Detention Center around 1:09pm Tuesday on two charges of Grand Larceny from the Sheriff’s Office. Pierce was also charged with one count of Grand Larceny and one count of Petit Larceny related to an investigation by the Seneca Police Department.
One of the Grand Larceny charges filed by the Sheriff’s Office stems from the theft of the Walhalla High School band trailer that was taken from the campus of Walhalla High School during the early morning hours of December 7th.
The second Grand Larceny charge filed by the Sheriff’s Office comes as a result of an investigation into a larceny of two utility trailers and other tools that were taken from an address on Willow Pond Drive near Seneca between December 9th and December 10th. The theft of the trailers and tools from this address was reported to the Sheriff’s Office during the morning hours of December 10th.
Both cases were turned over to investigators from the Criminal Investigations Division. On December 11th, investigators from the Sheriff’s Office were notified by investigators from the Seneca Police Department, who were conducting an investigation related to trailer thefts in the city of Seneca, that the trailers were discovered at an address on Ellen Street in Anderson, which is in the Homeland Park area. The trailers were recovered, according to investigators.
Based upon evidence that was gathered during the investigation, arrest warrants were obtained by investigators from the Sheriff’s Office charging Pierce with two counts of Grand Larceny.
At this time, Pierce remains in custody at the Oconee County Detention Center on a combined $29,500 surety bond.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank our law enforcement partners with the Seneca Police Department for their work in locating the stolen trailers in Anderson County and for their help and assistance in the Sheriff’s Office investigation.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Parts of the Upstate are seeing Snow Saturday
- South Carolina Reports 4,671 New Cases of Covid-19 Saturday
- Woman Goes on Destructive Joyride in Stolen Postal Truck
- Deputies respond to shots fires at Buffalo teen center
- Hot Pockets recalled over potential glass and plastic contamination
- Upcoming Major Arctic Invasion Coming to the Southeast & Upstate SC
- Investigators search for shooters outside Union County birthday party
- 96-year-old veteran graduates high school
- Meth, fentanyl trafficking arrests made in Buncombe County
- TSA looking into adding Capitol rioters to US no-fly list