EL-GENK FAMILY OF DURHAM COMPLETES THE FRIENDS OF THE MOUNTAINS-TO-SEA TRAIL’S 40 HIKE CHALLENGE
The Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST) announced this week that a family of six from Durham, N.C., hiked all 40 of its Great Day Hikes on the MST, completing the 40 Hike Challenge. Hussein and Nashua El-Genk finished all 40 hikes in seven months with their children Zakariyya, Ayyub, Kareema, and Rasheed.
The El-Genks began their journey last May while looking for a way to combat the increasing screen time that came with the pandemic. No easy task for a family of six with kids ranging from 6 to 12 years old.
The 40 hikes highlight the many gems along the 1,175-mile MST, crossing through small towns, national parks, state parks, pretty backroads, and historic sites. The challenge welcomes hikers of all experience levels, ranging in difficulty from half a mile to 8.6 miles. The
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- 814 new and probable COVID-19 cases and 15 deaths reported in South Carolina April 14th
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- Daily Cleaning Tasks All Offices Must Complete
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Live Music Returns With a New Series at Columbia Speedway
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday
- How To Know When Your Drain Has a Serious Problem