The National Hurricane Center (NHC) on Monday issued a Tropical Weather Outlook due to the presence of Invest 93-L, which might form into a tropical cyclone over the Atlantic Ocean.
Invest 93-L is a tropical wave located about 600 miles east of the Windward Islands. The circulation of showers and thunderstorms associated with Invest 93-L has become more defined Monday afternoon.
There is some unfavorable upper-level wind shear but some slow development of this system may occur during the next day or so while it moves west-northwestward near 15 mph.
After that, the storm will have some challenges as the upper-level winds will become even less conducive for development.
If this system becomes a tropical storm or hurricane, the name will be Epsilon. The NHC gives Invest 93-L a 30-percent chance of tropical cyclone formation within the next five days.Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Tue Oct 13 2020
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Showers and thunderstorms have become a little less organized this morning in association with a broad area of low pressure located about 500 miles east of the Windward Islands. Upper-level winds are gradually becoming less conducive, so only some slight development is possible today while the system moves westward. By tonight, upper-level winds are expected to become even less favorable for tropical cyclone formation to occur.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Upstate News Headlines
- Senate to confirm Barrett for court in partisan-line vote
- President Trump to escalate campaigning, Joe Biden steps up own travel in final week of race
- Regardless who wins in November, Beijing will be hoping to reset the US-China relationship
- Analysis: Whether Trump or Biden wins in November, Beijing will be hoping to reset the US-China relationship
- ‘First Ladies’ recap: Eleanor Roosevelt, the FLOTUS rebel
- USGS: 2.8-magnitude earthquake hit North Carolina Saturday night
- Federal authorities investigating possible ballot box arson in Boston
- Forde-Yard Dash: 2020 is Full of Plot Twists, Especially in College Football
- President Donald Trump's and Democratic rival Joe Biden's campaigns
- D.K. Metcalf Prevents Cardinals Touchdown With Insane Chasedown Tackle