TRAVELERS REST, SC (FOX Carolina) – The new speed limit signs are up in Travelers Rest one month after the Police Department posted on Facebook that the speed limit would be reduced along Main Street and a section of US 276.
Police said the city had requested that SCDOT reduce the speed limit from 35 mph to 25 mph on Main Street between the Roe Center Ct. and McElhaney Rd. intersections.
Police said the speed limit will also be lowered to 35 mph along US 276 approaching downtown from the south, between the underpass and Roe Center Ct.
The new signs were in place on October 1.
MORE NEWS – <a class=”tnt-asset-link” style=”font-size: 1em;” href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/dhec-to-begin-providing-reports-on-cases-of-covid-19-within-all-public-schools-starting/article_b69d99aa-ec8e-11ea-a2eb-c74f9724a112.html”>DHEC to begin providing reports on cases of COVID-19 within all public schools starting on Friday</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Changes coming to popular Spatanburg County park
- AARP: South Carolina leads the nation in nursing home deaths from COVID-19
- Changes are coming to a popular Upstate park
- Republicans doubt Mnuchin and Pelosi can come up with a stimulus deal they can support
- Jeff Bridges announces he was diagnosed with lymphoma
- Jeff Bridges says he has lymphoma, cites good prognosis
- US elections 2020: Joe Biden and Donald Trump's possible paths to power – podcast
- Small tsunami generated by magnitude 7.5 earthquake that prompted evacuation orders