Health officials in North Carolina are preparing for tens of thousands of doses of the recently approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Billie Jean Shaw has details on the rollout, with at least 10,000 vaccines coming to Mecklenburg County. Experts believe the single-dose vaccine could be a game-changer when it comes to ending the coronavirus pandemic.
Rachel Lundberg joins the show to discuss the return of concerts, as entertainment venues and music organizers are preparing to resume shows as soon as the end of this summer.
The Senate will debate President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package today with a vote possible as early as Wednesday. The bill would include $1,400 stimulus checks but Democrats have all but given up on a minimum wage increase as part of the bill. As things stand now, Democrats will need to keep every vote on their side to use the tie-breaking vote from Vice President Kamala Harris, otherwise the bill will head back to the House for changes and further debate.
Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte, and as always, join the conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May