Millions of North Carolinians are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine as the state enters Group 4 Wednesday. Billie Jean Shaw breaks down who is on the list and when those appointments are available in the Charlotte area.
Richard DeVayne joins the show to give details on a mass vaccination clinic for airline workers at Charlotte Douglas International Airprot, as airline workers are part of the rollout plan.
Ruby Durham fills in for Ben Thompson on today’s show, delivering the biggest headlines from Charlotte and across the Carolinas.
Plus, Moderna announced it is testing its vaccine on children as young as 6 months old as scientists work to learn more about the virus’ effect on kids. But before anything can be approved, doctors must first learn how much medicine should be given to kids based on their age and symptoms.
Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte, and as always join the conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Reports Over 760 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Monday
- Mac Arnold Cornbread & Collard Greens Blues Festival Set for Saturday in Fountain Inn
- Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit Coming to the Peace Center
- Bon Secours Psychiatrist Dr. Carson Felkel Discusses Covid-19’s Ongoing Impacts
- The Week Ahead: Events, Live Music and Food Truck Calendar for Greenville & The Upstate
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It