Gov. Roy Cooper and other top lawmakers in the General Assembly announced a new bill that will require all public schools in North Carolina to reopen for in-person learning. Richard DeVayne has details on what this means for students at every grade level across the state.
Cooper is also expected to update Group 4 COVID-19 vaccinations during a press briefing Thursday. Billie Jean Shaw breaks down Group 4 members and how the state’s vaccine rollout is going to this point now that Group 3 is well underway.
Ben Thompson explains why health officials are seeing more people “skip the line” to get the vaccine before they’re eligible. It’s called vaccine hunting, and while it’s not illegal, the behavior is frowned upon by health experts raising moral questions.
Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte, and as always, join the conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC