First things first, y’all: We’ve got the NATIONAL RESERVE playing some greasy, soulful rock tunes right here at HORIZON RECORDS on THURSDAY, AUGUST 15th at 5pm. They’ll be giving us a tasty preview of their full show later that night at 9 pm at The Radio Room!
Founded and fronted by singer-guitarist Sean Walsh, The National Reserve mine an archetypal musical seam, marrying gutbucket R&B, Laurel Canyon lyricism, New Orleans funk workouts, late night soul, and bluesy, boozy rock ‘n’ roll to create their own timeless brand of American music. Songs like “Found Me A Woman” and the indelible title track reveal a gifted new tunesmith while masterfully reminding one and all of the simple beauty of a great American bar band – two guitars, organ, bass and drums rocking out in the corner, singing their songs to soundtrack the night.
With their new album MOTEL LA GRANGE, Walsh and The National Reserve have crafted a rich and raucous collection that instantly places them among Americana’s finest – its force, directness, and performance not unlike some lost recording unearthed from the golden age of 70s rock ‘n’ roll. Justifiably proud of what he’s accomplished, Walsh is now planning to bring all the fun and fire of The National Reserve’s fiery Friday night sets to the rest of the world, eager to pack as many folks into his band’s late night scene as possible.
Upstate News Headlines
- Investigators Question Story Of Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Say Statements ‘Don’t Add Up’
- Family of Catherine Blauvelt calling for suspected killer to turn himself in
- Reports: Vice President Pence adviser tests positive for coronavirus
- South Carolina voters wait hours in long lines in Greenville County
- Car catches on fire after woman says her brakes failed, and she hit a gas pump, troopers say
- Pence adviser Marty Obst tests positive for coronavirus
- Vice President Pence to speak in Greenville this week
- Videocast: Showers, Cooler Sunday
- Tropical Storm Zeta Explodes – Hurricane Zeta Expected – Possible Huge Nor’ Easter – WeatherMan Plus
- Amber Alert issued in Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas for 2 girls