The National Forests in North Carolina will close all campgrounds as of Monday, March 23, for the health and safety of visitors and staff. This includes all concessionaire operated campgrounds and all day-use areas associated with those campgrounds. Campgrounds will be closed until at least May 15, at which point they will be reevaluated.
The following is a list of campgrounds that will be closed beginning March 23. Some campgrounds are currently closed for the season, and these campgrounds will remain closed.
Croatan National Forest Cedar Point Campground Flanners Beach Campground Oyster Point Campground Uwharrie National Forest Arrowhead Campground Badin Lake Campground Badin Lake Group Campground Badin Horse Campground (and overflow) Canebrake Horse Campground (and overflow) Uwharrie Hunt Camp West Morris Mountain Campground Yates Place Camp Pisgah National Forest Black Mountain Campground Briar Bottom Group Camp Carolina Hemlocks Campground Cove Creek Group Camp Curtis Creek Campground Davidson
Upstate News Headlines
- How to make Homemade Vanilla Glazed Doughnuts
- Regeneron says its COVID-19 drug cut patient visits
- Trump’s rallies continue despite new waves of COVID-19
- TikTok star creates works of art with food
- ‘Broad City’ comedian wants millennials and Gen Z to vote
- Raise your fall home decorating game with these items
- Reality TV star strikes gold during the pandemic
- France, Germany announce national lockdowns as second COVID-19 wave sweeps Europe in record numbe…
- Minnesota doctor says hospital staff exhausted trying to keep up with hundreds of COVID-19 patien…
- Midwest states report record number of COVID-19 hospitalizations, cases and deaths