Let’s face it, rock stars don’t always see themselves as normal people. They travel from city to city, followed by adoring crowds and laying out extravagant demands to practically everyone they meet. And some of these stars can be absolute nightmares. These are the very worst musicians to tour with.
To be fair, when the public accepts you as a diva, that usually means you’ve kind of earned the right to act like one. And everyone knows that Mariah Carey is a diva. She’s such a diva, in fact, that she won’t say a word to anyone on the day of a performance, lest she damage her voice on a particularly harsh consonant. She’s also such a diva that she once demanded that a record store redecorate their bathroom prior to hosting her for a one-hour performance, and she smashed a tea set she’d been drinking from so no one could sell it afterwards.
But nothing quite tops the demand she made when Westfield Shopping Center in London invited her to switch on their holiday lights. During that performance, the singer wanted to be surrounded by 100 white doves and 20 white kittens, according to Marie Claire, a source said that the doves were a go, but they couldn’t deliver on the kittens for health and safety reasons. For the record, Carey later denied ever having made such a request. She explained:
“Twenty cats is an absolute lie. I’m not a cat lady.”
Watch the video for more about Musicians Who Are Terrors To Tour With!
Mariah Carey | 0:00
Chris Robinson | 1:13
Coheed and Cambria | 1:52
Cardi B | 3:05
Afroman | 4:21
Aerosmith | 4:58
The Ramones | 5:49
Justin Bieber | 6:58
The Red Hot Chili Peppers | 8:16
Britney Spears | 9:24
The Rolling Stones | 10:30
Demi Lovato | 11:42
Courtney Love | 12:46
Krokus | 13:50
Megadeth | 14:57
Upstate News Headlines
- GBI: Former Elbert Co. deputy charged for firing shots that hit fellow deputy on self-harm call
- High Speed Chase Leads to Fatality on US-29 in Spartanburg Co.
- See if you can identify the ‘Too Tall Bandit’: FBI Needs Your Help
- AEW Reminds Us How Good Wrestling Storytelling Can Be with Tonight's Huge Title Match
- HUGE NBA Trade! | Russell Westbrook To Washington Wizards, John Wall To Houston Rockets!
- Bob Jones University to host drive-thru Christmas light display Dec. 4-Jan. 4
- Police: Traffic death closes part of Woodruff Rd. in Greenville
- Coroner: Pedestrian hit by car along Woodruff Rd. dies at Greenville hospital
- Provided: 2020 year-end tax strategies for business owners
- Art in Focus: Farmhouse Tacos Mural