The number of Montreal restaurants boycotting lobster from Nova Scotia’s commercial fisheries is snowballing, after news of rampant violence and racism against lobstermen of the Mi’kmaq tribe.
Garde Manger and Joe Beef restaurants were the first to join the boycott by pulling commercially caught Nova Scotia lobster from their menus. Beba, Lucille’s Oyster Dive and Maestro’s SVP have since signed on, reports Karennenhawi Goodleaf, the Kahnawake resident who initiated the boycott.
“While I was watching the whole situation I was
Upstate News Headlines
- Let there be Peace
- Xbox Console Update Brings Dynamic Backgrounds, Next-Gen Optimization Badges and Game Pass Improvements
- Doom Eternal Gets Release Date and Trailer for Nintendo Switch Edition
- New Coastal Plain League baseball team in Spartanburg announces team naming contest
- The Best Gacha Games to Play Today
- Anderson deputies search for missing juvenile
- Greenville County Schools to offer kindergarten and first grade enrollment Dec. 1-4
- Culinary Rising
- Top secret: Biden gets access to President’s Daily Brief
- Morning Star