Billed as the most action-packed motorsports event on four wheels, Monster Jam returns to Greenville’s Bon Secours Wellness Arena and is always a hit. For three days, these massive trucks take over the arena floor thrilling audiences with their skill and power. Learn more at bonsecoursarena.com.
Monster Jam Facts
- Each Monster Jam truck is approximately 10.5 feet tall, 12.5 feet wide, 17 feet long and weighs 12,000 pounds.
- A Monster Jam engine will generate 1,500 horsepower, thanks to a supercharger that forces air and fuel into the engine. It is powered by methanol fuel, consumed at the rates of three gallons a minute from a specially constructed safety cell.
- The truck utilizes a four-link racing suspension with four main bars that link the front and rear axles to the frame. It rides on clusters of nitrogen-charged shocks that offer 30 inches of travel in the suspension.
- The BKT tires are 66 inches in diameter and 43 inches wide, inflated to 23 psi pressure, and (with wheel) weigh 645 pounds each.
- The driver’s compartment is a steel safety structure, built from tubing and mounted to the truck frame.
- The truck bodies are custom-built and constructed of fiberglass.
- Each truck is transported in specially prepared trailers, which can include spare parts and as many as two trucks.