The Monday Night Painters are having a reception Thursday night at 5:30p before the performance of A Moon for the Misbegotten. See works inspired by the show from Fred Wood, Joe Merck, Susan Peart, Jo Ann Taylor, Carol Mann, Joan Potter, Tom Flowers, and Bill Lewis. 15% of sales benefit The Warehouse Theatre. Discount tickets for the show are available for those who attend the reception.
Broadway World Reviews Moon for the Misbegotten
“One of the show’s most striking elements is Charlie Calvert’s set, which manages to create an amazing illusion in the intimate space of The Warehouse. The off-kilter farmhouse background makes the foreground feel as if it is raked at a severe angle, even though it’s physically just a flat, dirt-covered floor. That illusory rake helps give the whole show a dreamlike feel while also psychologically underlining the uphill struggle each of the characters face.” Read more of Neil Shurley’s review HERE.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Duke Energy reporting nearly 2K outages in Taylors after vehicle damaged power equipment
- Police ask for help identifying suspected shooter they say left victim critically injured
- Allen Ginsberg Put the Beat in Rock 'n' Roll (Beat Poetry, That Is)
- Jay Som and Palehound Share Their First Single as Bachelor, “Anything at All”
- Zombies Meet Oceans 11 in First Teaser for Zack Snyder's Undead Heist Army of the Dead
- The 20 Best True Crime Documentaries on Netflix
- Denver Downs Farms to host Corn Party conference wrap up event Feb. 27
- On the Move: Shontel Babb
- Restaurant opens 2 new locations in Greenville
- Greenville restaurant struggling to keep doors open launches GoFundMe campaign