MAULDIN, SC (FOX Carolina) During a meeting Monday, the Mauldin City Council announced they will accept the resignation of Councilman Dale Black.
Black has been under pressure from the community to step down in response to some controversial social media posts of his.
The council passed a motion to formally admonish him. His resignation as mayor pro tem will be effective immediately.
More Upstate South Carolina News Headlines
- US tops 5 million Covid-19 cases, with five states making up more than 40% of tally
- 5.1-magnitude earthquake strikes along North Carolina-Virginia border
- US passes 5m Covid-19 cases amid anger over economic relief impasse – live
- Why the George Floyd protests are different than previous demonstrations
- ‘That Dude Is Different’: Devin Booker Has Put the NBA on Notice
- Pelosi calls Trump’s executive actions ‘absurdly unconstitutional’
- PICTURES: Damage from earthquake in Sparta, North Carolina
- 2020 Detroit Lions Team Preview: Can Matthew Stafford Fuel a Franchise Turnaround?
- Portland Police declare a riot after people tried to start a fire at police office
- Greenville Calendar: Sunday Things to Do in the Upstate
- Fall Albino Skunk Festival Hits the Pause Button
- Tim Waller from Greenville County Schools on Where Things Stand and What Keeps Him Up at Night
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- On The Frontlines Of The Pandemic With an Upstate ER Doctor: The YoPro Way
- August Upstate Yoga Events
- Artists Picking Artists (Sort Of) With Brett Barest
- Preview This Week’s Greenville Sound Check Virtual Concert Series
- Tech After Five Podcast: How to Be Useful
- Glow Lyric Theater Presents Free Performance of A Very Happy Unopening Monday August 10th