While magic mushrooms are known for their hallucinogenic effects, they also may have a role to play in some mental health treatments.Or they might, if they weren’t illegal in most states.Oregon has become the first U.S. state to make psilocybin, the hallucinogenic compound in magic mushrooms, legal for mental health treatment in supervised settings.They have more evidence for their case with a new small study
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC: 1,612 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 35 confirmed deaths in SC
- Sheriff’s office arrest man on fentanyl trafficking, stolen firearm charges in Buncombe Co.
- LIVE: Deadly crash involving State Transport Police blocking Pleasantburg Dr. near E. North St.
- Upstate man suffering from COVID-19 fights for his life in Virginia hospital
- SLED: Man charged with assault after June incident at an Upstate Bantam Chef restaurant
- US tightens definition of service animals allowed on planes
- Former S.C. jail officer charged with having sex with inmate
- Spartanburg deputies respond to a Marathon vandalized by bullet holes
- Police: 60-year-old man charged with rape, kidnapping in 1992 sex crime
- Deputies say Buncombe County man charged with multiple crimes involving sexual assault of a minor