Bob Bradley was unwilling to give an exact timeframe on Carlos Vela’s return from injury as Los Angeles FC head into their clash with defending MLS champions Seattle Sounders without their star striker.
Vela scored 36 goals in 33 MLS appearances last term, yet has managed only three appearances this season – with two of those coming before the coronavirus-enforced suspension in March.
The 31-year-old sat out the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando as his wife was pregnant, but then sustained a medial collateral ligament sprain in a 2-0 derby defeat to LA Galaxy on August 22, and though Vela has returned to work, Bradley could not put a date on his comeback.
“He’s still certainly weeks away,” Bradley told a news conference on Wednesday.
“Carlos is doing a little bit of light work on the field, not with the team,” Bradley added. “He’s working hard with Jason Han, our physical
Upstate News Headlines
- Teen dies at emergency room after crossing center line, hitting another car, then a tree, troopers say
- U.S. virus cases soaring, hospitalizations hitting records
- Chris Christie and Rahm Emanuel discuss the election homestretch | ABC News
- Six for the Win: Pennsylvania voters share their thoughts ahead of the election | ABC News
- Unbelievable Giant Animals Caught on Camera – Biggest Animals in The World
- Serena Williams posted about daughter Olympia's first tennis lesson on Instagram
- Senate votes to advance Barrett toward final confirmation for Supreme Court
- Election could stoke US marijuana market, sway Congress
- President Trump aide says 'we're not going to control the pandemic'
- A family that raised $2 million for their baby's life-saving medical treatment has received it for free