STARR, SC (FOX Carolina) – An Anderson County community is mourning the loss of Henry Dwain Chamblee, known by his nickname "Whit".
Chamblee passed away earlier this week at the age of 92.
Whit was a firefighter for nearly six decades and worked for the South Carolina Forestry Commission
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- 'I wanted to be the light in the dark': Mom creates stuffed animals for kids with special needs
- 'It truly saved me': Woman says mask-making project helped her get through pandemic
- Plunging demand for COVID-19 tests may leave US exposed
- Head-on crash kills Michelin Plant worker in Anderson County
- Greenville County deputies are searching for a missing child
- Greenville deputies locate missing 9-year-old boy
- Driver collides with truck head on, dies in Anderson Co., says coroner
- Greenville Co. teacher receives award after helping student call 911 and save unresponsive mom
- Woman uses her own thong as mask after nearly being kicked out of store
- North Carolina Highway Patrol Commander to retire after nearly 3 decades