Between 2019-2020, LiveWell Greenville engaged 20 influential leaders, representing efforts across the many social determinants of health, to explore a broader, bolder strategic plan in collaboration with Tufts University and Boston College.
This process explored the systems in place that impact childhood obesity; considered evidence-based interventions and prioritized the opportunities for change to create a strategic plan for the next 3-5 years.
The last page features our on-going and developing initiatives. Interested in getting involved?
Greenville County Food Insecurity Index
Our Food Security Coalition partnered with Furman University to create an interactive map showing areas of Greenville County with highest risk of food insecurity.
The purpose of this tool is to help determine which areas have the greatest need for food resources, so that the appropriate community organizations can provide assistance. This it the first version of the tool. Census data will be updated as it becomes available.
The top five tracts most food insecure census tracts according to our index are Nicholtown, Mauldin, City View, Gantt, and Conestee.
Are there ways we can improve this tool? Let us know!
Food Security Coalition Partner Meeting
Interested in getting involved with our Food Security Coalition? Email Susan Frantz or register to attend the first Partner Meeting!
March 16, 2021
2:00-3:30pm via Zoom
The steering committee will present the newly developed mission and vision as well as different ways to engage and get involved.
Share updates, learn new ways to get involved and connect with others working to ensure equitable access to food for Greenville County residents!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- 703 new and probable COVID-19 cases and 13 deaths reported in South Carolina April 13th
- Daily Cleaning Tasks All Offices Must Complete
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Live Music Returns With a New Series at Columbia Speedway
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday
- How To Know When Your Drain Has a Serious Problem