LiveWell Greenville is a network of organizations partnering to ensure access to healthy eating and active living for every Greenville County resident. Learn more at livewellgreenville.org
Greenville County has one of the highest obesity rates in the nation with 66% of adults and 41% of youth being overweight or obese. It is difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle when the surrounding environment does not promote healthy habits. Without providing adequate access to healthy eating and active living, the overall health of our community will continue to decline.
Hosted by the YMCA of Greenville as our legal and fiscal agent, LiveWell Greenville has become the primary vehicle through which partner organizations can successfully promote positive change. Our coalition supports schools, neighborhoods, businesses and other areas of our community through resources, collaboration and evaluation to promote healthy eating and active living. For an overview of our key successes from 2010 to 2016, click here.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Latest South Carolina COVID-19 report from DHEC: Feb. 27, 2021
- Why Americans shouldn't turn their noses up at Johnson & Johnson's vaccine
- History & Hope: Author shares story of family's role in Montgomery bus boycotts
- Official: 3 dead in small plane crash in northeast Georgia
- Rutherford Co. deputies locate man wanted for burning parts of church, leaving satanic drawings
- History & Hope: Retired school leader says young people should 'continue to fight' for social justice
- 'I wanted to be the light in the dark': Mom creates stuffed animals for kids with special needs
- 'It truly saved me': Woman says mask-making project helped her get through pandemic
- Plunging demand for COVID-19 tests may leave US exposed
- Head-on crash kills Michelin Plant worker in Anderson County