LAURENS, SC (FOX Carolina) – An abandoned theater sits along a quiet street in downtown Laurens, but the unassuming building hides a dark history and a new project aims to turn it into a beacon of hope.
The Echo Theater once housed the Redneck Shop which sold Confederate memorabilia
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Watch: Construction worker shot at, carjacked
- Video shows man accused of killing officer kicked out of casino for not wearing a mask
- Here are The US Travel Restrictions By State: Quarantine And Covid 19 Testing
- Lower Richland road renamed to honor former legislator
- Doctors support bill that makes birth control more accessible in SC
- One year later, SC nursing homes nearing full vaccination
- Columbia mask ordinance remains in effect
- Which frontline workers are eligible for the vaccine in South Carolina’s Phase 1B?
- More than 1,000 COVID-19 cases reported in SC as hospitalizations continue to fall
- South Carolina governor drops mask requirement at restaurants, state government buildings