(CNN) — <a href=”https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/hurricane-laura-updates/index.html” target=”_blank”>Hurricane Laura</a> has reached extremely dangerous Category 4 strength ahead of anticpated landfall near the Louisiana-Texas state line, and is expected to hit parts of the coast with “unsurvivable storm surge,” the National Hurricane Center says.
Laura was moving over the Gulf of Mexico early Wednesday
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Woman's search for biological parents leads her to the FBI's Most Wanted List
- Iowa mother tells how she saved her family from serious I-80 pile up
- Turning cooler this weekend
- Why testing for COVID-19 is still important
- President Biden lauds NASA team for giving US 'dose of confidence'
- Behind Elliott's career night, Clemson women advance to ACC Quarterfinals
- Westside Rams girls basketball team celebrate first state title since 1992
- Upstate fire chief has passed away, officials say
- Long time Campobello fire chief passes away
- Watch Shaquille O’Neal Get Slammed Through a Table in Pro Wrestling Match