Mahomes and Ma-homies
Quarterback Patrick Mahomes and his array of offensive weapons deservedly get the spotlight in every game. Kansas City ranks top five in the league in average net yards (410.5, 4th), average net passing yards (286.4, 4th), third-down conversion percentage (49.5, t-3rd), average points scored (31.6, 3rd) and average point differential (12.6, 1st).
The Chiefs have had 61 “big plays” or rushes of 10+ yards or receptions of 20+ yards, ranking third in the league. Their eight touchdowns of 20+ yards are second behind Seattle (10).
Mahomes has 2,315 passing yards (2nd), 21 passing touchdowns (2nd), just one interception (1st) and a passer rating of 115.0 (2nd). At the season’s midway point, he and Seattle’s Russell Wilson are neck and neck for the MVP race.
Wide receiver Tyreek Hill is second in the league with eight total TDs on
- ACC Remember When: Clemson Goes Back-To-Back
- South Carolina Coaching Search Update: Napier or Beamer?
- College Football Week 14 Predictions (Late Kick Cut)
- College Football Playoff Rankings – Rapid Reaction (Late Kick Cut)
- Teddy Bridgewater a nominee for the 2020 Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
- Scouting in depth, but at a distance
- Panthers in the power rankings before bye week
- Happy Half Hour Recap: Toboggan or beanie?
- South Carolina State vs. Clemson Condensed Game
- Dabo Swinney previews upcoming road game against VT
Upstate News Headlines
- Health Care Workers Say Patients Don’t Believe They Have Covid-19
- Upcountry History Museum Exhibit Host Original Costumes movie “White Christmas
- SC health leaders discuss Covid-19 vaccine process and timeline
- Piedmont Natural Gas reconsidering pipeline route after property owners mobilized against the projec
- Preparing for COVID-19 vaccine: SC health leaders discuss process and timeline
- Grab an umbrella, you’ll need it later Friday
- After 21 years in prison, Spartanburg woman reunited with family
- Upstate Most Wanted: 12-3-2020
- Greenville Co. Schools updates quarantine policy
- Pastor John Gray of Relentless Church Discusses Legal Battle