It wasn’t that she went to a private island. It was what she said about it.
It’s one thing when a paparazzi happens to be in the right place at the right time, sneaking a photo of a celebrity in a compromising position like being caught cheating on a partner or committing the mortal sin of having a normal-looking body. But it is almost always more interesting when a celebrity — completely, ignorantly, and willingly — tells on themself.
This is what happened on October 27, when Kim Kardashian announced that she, in the midst of a pandemic that has killed more than 200,000 Americans, flew dozens of friends to a private island to celebrate her birthday.
“40 and feeling so humbled and blessed,” she wrote on Twitter, which is the first time anyone on a private island has described themselves as
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Man arrested after woman stabbed multiple times at SC Waffle House, deputies say
- South Carolina politicians, officials react to President Biden's inauguration, Trump presidency
- South Carolina's latest COVID-19 cases, deaths, percent positivity rate
- South Carolina Reports 3,567 New Cases as DHEC Gives COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez and Garth Brooks perform at the inauguration
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- 'I'm just lost': Some seniors worry over lack of technology to make vaccination appointment
- Nation's first 'youth poet laureate' Amanda Gorman reads her poem at President Biden's inauguration
- Vice President Harris: A new chapter opens in US politics
- LIVE: Biden sworn in as America's 46th president, Harris becomes first female VP