The James Beard Foundation Awards are among the highest honors in the American food world.
The awards honor chefs, restaurants, cookbooks, food writers, and more. The semifinalists for the restaurant and chef categories (aka the “long list”) were announced on February 26, 2020. In light of growing concerns around the spread of the novel coronavirus, the Foundation postponed the announcements for finalists in the chef and restaurant categories and nominees for the media awards (originally scheduled for March 25, 2020).
Upstate News Headlines
- Senate to confirm Barrett for court in partisan-line vote
- President Trump to escalate campaigning, Joe Biden steps up own travel in final week of race
- Regardless who wins in November, Beijing will be hoping to reset the US-China relationship
- ‘First Ladies’ recap: Eleanor Roosevelt, the FLOTUS rebel
- USGS: 2.8-magnitude earthquake hit North Carolina Saturday night
- Federal authorities investigating possible ballot box arson in Boston
- Forde-Yard Dash: 2020 is Full of Plot Twists, Especially in College Football
- President Donald Trump's and Democratic rival Joe Biden's campaigns
- D.K. Metcalf Prevents Cardinals Touchdown With Insane Chasedown Tackle