Kate Furman’s jewelry is made from nature — literally.
Using a technique called lost wax casting, the Village of West Greenville artist takes twigs, leaves and shells found in nature and molds them into heirloom-quality jewelry.
“I do molds of the original objects and inject wax and cast them so
Upstate News Headlines
- Furman Professor of Politics and International Affairs Weighs in on Post-Election Controversy
- Asheville PD arrest suspect after investigating community complaints of theft
- Coroner: Wren MS student goes into cardiac arrest on bus, dies days after being put on life support
- So You Want to Be Touring Band: A Guide to Touring, agents, and managers
- Weather Outlook: Upcoming Potential Very Cold and Snowy Pattern in Early December
- How to Make Our Easier Roast Turkey and Gravy
- Coroner says one person died in officer involved crash on Wade Hampton Boulevard
- Police: City officer involved in crash on Wade Hampton Boulevard
- Local businesses prepare for Black Friday
- Heat lamps in high demand for outdoor dinning due to pandemic