The highs and lows
In keeping with Eater tradition, our closeout of the year is a survey of friends, industry types, and bloggers. To kick it off in the Carolinas, Eater asked the group eight questions, ranging from the restaurants they frequented for takeout to the saddest surprises of the year. Responses are in no particular order, and readers are encouraged to leave answers in the comments.
Q. What are your headline predictions for 2021?
Mike Ledford, Eater Carolinas photographer
“Less affordable lunch options plague King Street”, “Shake Shack lands in Charleston”, “Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar Shutters”, “Jack’s Cafe Re-Reopens With New Ownership”
Matthew Lardie, Eater Carolinas contributor, covering NC
I think we’ll see a continued resurgence in small-town dining while establishments in urban centers continue to suffer.
KJ Kearny, Founder of Black Food Fridays
Charleston is going to bounce back. We are a city known for hospitality: weddings and
- How One Rock Hill Restaurant Preserves the Legacy of 1961 Civil Rights Sit-In Protest
- 18 Essential Asheville Restaurants
- After Almost 10 Years, the Macintosh Calls It Quits in Charleston
- Fountain Inn’s Bobby’s BBQ & Seasoning Featured by Morning Express with Robin Meade
- Third-Generation Pitmaster Sam Jones Brings Barbecue Legacy to Downtown Raleigh Amid Pandemic
- Greenville Dining Spotlight: Runway Cafe
- Greenville’ Grill Marks Named Best French Fries In South Carolina
- Durham’s Iconic East African Restaurant the Palace International Announces Sudden Closure
- Longtime King Street Thai Restaurant Basil to Close in 2021
- BKEDSHOP in Charleston Named Best Donuts in South Carolina by Food & Wine Magazine
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Upstate high school basketball teams advance to Upper State championships
- House nears passage of $1.9 trillion relief bill
- Lady Gaga's dogs recovered safely
- Lady Gaga's 2 French bulldogs recovered safely
- Officer shot near high school basketball game in New Orleans dies
- ‘To me it’s just a number’: McDonald's worker celebrating her 100th birthday, requests birthday cards
- FBI identifies suspect in death of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, sources say
- FDA panel greenlights Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine
- VIDEO: Mom jumps in river to save son during sledding incident in Tenn.
- Man gets nearly 20 years for Colorado synagogue bomb plot