A significant road closure is scheduled for this weekend as part of SCDOT’s I-85/I-385 Gateway Project.
Weather permitting, I-385 Southbound (SB) and I-385 Northbound (NB) – from approximately Roper Mountain Road to Woodruff Road – will be closed from 9 p.m. on Friday, August 14 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, August 16. The purpose of the closure is to allow construction adjustments to the bridge over I-85.
During the closure, motorists traveling south on I-385 will be detoured to Exit 35 (Woodruff Road) and should follow the signs to I-385 SB.
Additionally, motorists traveling north on I-385 will be detoured to the I-385 NB collector-distributor and then to I-85 NB. From there, motorists will continue on I-85 NB to Highway 14, where they should follow the signs to I-85 SB toward Greenville and then take Exit 51C to I-385 NB.
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina Reports Highest Daily Total New Covid-19 Infections Friday
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level