Hurricane Sally lumbered ashore in Alabama early Wednesday, shoving a surge of seawater onto the coast. Before sunrise, water was up to the doors of Jordan Muse’s car outside the Pensacola hotel where her family took shelter.
RELATED: Hurricane Sally causes more destruction https://youtu.be/nUK0T0l0iwM
» Subscribe to USA TODAY: http://bit.ly/1xa3XAh
» Watch more on this and other topics from USA TODAY: https://bit.ly/2IMPbAh
» USA TODAY delivers current local and national news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, videos and VR.
Upstate News Headlines
- COVID-19 researcher shares his latest observations surrounding coronavirus
- Fear and anxiety spike in COVID-19 hot spots across country
- Fire set inside ballot drop box in Boston, secretary of state says
- Greenville, Omaha to meet in USL League One Final
- Jaime Harrison On His Historic Senate Race: ‘This Was The Seat of John C. Calhoun’
- Brees’ clutch precision lifts Saints past Panthers, 27-24
- 'It's a blessing': Members of Facebook group spreading love to small businesses with generous tips
- Deputies searching for missing teen in Piedmont
- U.S. virus cases soaring, hospitalizations hitting records