Hurricane Eta has made landfall in Nicaragua, pounding an impoverished region of its Caribbean coast.
It is expected to be one of the strongest hurricanes to hit the area in years.
Authorities have moved thousands of people from outer islands and low-lying areas.
The storm is forecast to move across Central America for days, bringing heavy rain and dangerous winds.
Al Jazeera’s Manuel Rapalo reports.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#AlJazeeraEnglish #Nicaragua #Hurricane
Upstate News Headlines
- Greenville’s mayor, health officials give update on COVID-19
- Police and the school district give an update on Hendersonville Middle school shooting.
- War of Words Continues Between Clemson and Florida State
- Deputies say 2 suspects in custody for armed robbery at Spinx in Easley
- Governor McMaster urges Dominion Energy to withdraw request for 7.7% rate hike
- Police investigating following shots fired at the Plantations at Haywood Apartments
- One student in custody, another in the hospital following shooting at Hendersonville Middle School
- Furman men’s basketball Returns to downtown Greenville and Bon Secours Wellness Arena
- South Carolina Coaching Search *UPDATED*
- 1 student shot at Hendersonville Middle School