Hurricane Eta is a slow-moving hurricane that experienced rapid intensification Monday. Sustained winds went from 75 mph at 4 a.m. to 150 mph by Monday evening.
Rapid intensification is an increase in the maximum sustained winds of a tropical cyclone of at least 34.5 mph in a 24-hour period.
Upstate News Headlines
- Saturday’s Game Could be Trevor Lawrence’s last game ever in Death Valley
- DHEC: 1,777 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 28 confirmed deaths
- Deputies: Suspect arrested, charged with attempted murder after chase
- Coroner: Man dies in hospital following deadly crash, teen driver charged with DUI
- Troopers: One dead in fatal crash on Highway 9
- Trevor Lawrence set for possibly his final Clemson home game
- Fox News Is Terrified of Trump Supporters (and They Should Be)
- TV Rewind: Why Skins Remains a Gold Standard for Teen Drama Series
- The Croods: A New Age Is Hardly an Evolution from the Original, but Still Finds Laughs
- Make your predictions for Sunday's game at Minnesota